Monday, May 13, 2013

FOODS AND YOUR THYROIDS


Are you struggling with mood swings, unexplained weight gain, consistently tired, constipation, dry skin and a whole group of other health challenges?  I have also experience many of these challenges.  Some time ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I was given prescription drugs and told that this was the only treatment that would give me the support that I needed in order for my thyroids to function properly again. Although I respected my doctor, I respected and cherished my body even more, and so, I looked at the side effects of the recommended prescribed drug that she had suggested and what it would mean for me (my body) later on in my life should I choose to take this drug.

I am a fifteen year cancer survivor, or as I like to call myself a fifteen year exuberantly living cancer free being. I've beaten cancer, and I continue to live my life in gratefulness; by taking care of my body each and every day. Needless to say, I experience in overcoming cancer meant that I could beat anything that came my way. I knew that I could nurture this malfunctioning gland right back to its required performance status.
Since preparing and eating food is my first passion, I began researching and experimenting with foods that would support and enhance my thyroids back to functioning normally; while rejuvenating other areas of my body’s functions that had gone awry due to my thyroid dysfunction.

My research began while I lived in Brooklyn, New York and continued later, when I moved to the Gorgeous Caribbean Island of Antigua. While on this amazingly beautiful island, living with some of the healthiest looking people I have ever seen, my desire for optimal health grew even stronger. I too I’m a Caribbean girl, I grew up on the tiny gem called Montserrat my personal paradise, just fifteen minutes by plane from Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Nevis or Anguilla to its north and twenty minutes from Guadeloupe and Marie Galante to its south; now better known for the volcanic eruption of
Soufriere Hills Volcano that occurred almost twenty years ago and to this day continues its volcanic activity, that has devastated more than two thirds of the island
. Looking at them and living among them brought back the vibrancy and exuberance I felt in those long gone years. It reminded me of the rich healing powers of the land, ocean, the tropical breezes, fruits and vegetables that were now so easily available to me once again.
And so I embarked on a most exciting, rewarding adventure of curing myself of hypothyroidism.

In a few days keep an eye out for more on this story and a free gift from the Caribbean.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I was actually just reading up on a few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks~

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily please forward your email to jazz@jazzupyourlifenow.com and I will be happy to answer any questions.

      Delete